Costs & Aid
We can help your college degree fit your budget. Learn about our tuition rates and generous financial aid packages.Learn about Costs & Aid
Find Your Program
What degree do you want to earn? Search our undergraduate programs.Academic Program Finder
How to Apply as a Freshman
1. Confirm Your Status
You may apply to Indiana State University as a freshman if:
- You're a current high school student and have completed your junior year in high school.
- You've graduated high school and have not attended another college since graduating.
- You've completed Indiana’s High School Equivalency (HSE) or GED and have not enrolled in any colleges.
Please note you must also be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply as a freshman.
For application types other than freshman, please visit our Admissions page.
2. Check Important Deadlines
We accept freshman applications throughout the year. Priority deadlines are:
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: December 1
- Summer session: May 1
Note: Applications received after these deadlines will still be accepted, and we will attempt to have you enroll in your desired semester or term.
3. Review Admission Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete a rigorous college preparatory curriculum (Core 40 curriculum for Indiana residents).
- Maintain a cumulative grade-point average of 2.4 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
4. Apply to Indiana State University
Create an account to begin. You can always save and return to your application. Be sure to carefully review your information before submitting.
You will need to pay a nonrefundable $25.00 application fee to apply. The fee is payable by Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit card.
5. Submit Application Materials
These may include:
- High school transcripts: The transcript must be sent directly from your high school to Indiana State University electronically or through mail. Note: Official HSE and GED scores may be substituted for high school transcripts.
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT): SAT and ACT scores are not required for admission. These scores may be required for certain merit-based scholarships. If you wish to be considered, send your official scores to Indiana State's Office of Admissions.
- Military forms: To receive credit for military service, you must submit a DD 214 and/or a Joint Services Transcript.
- Dual credit transcripts: To receive credit for dual credit college courses taken during high school, send official transcripts from the awarding institution to Indiana State.
- AP Test scores: To receive credit for AP tests taken, send official College Board test results to Indiana State.
- Green Card: If you are a permanent resident, please submit a copy of your alien registration card (Green Card).
Our mailing address is:
Office of Admissions
John W. Moore Welcome Center
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Our email address is: email@example.com