Find Your Program
Which degree or program do you want to complete? Search our programs.Academic Program Finder
How to Apply as an International Freshman
Follow these instructions if you are:
- Seeking an undergraduate degree
- Not a U.S. citizen (or U.S. permanent resident)
- Have no prior enrollment at a college or university
Applicants normally receive a response within 4-6 weeks of receiving all application materials, including:
1. A completed Indiana State University application.
- Complete and submit the online admissions application.
- Fill out the application completely.
- Use your name as it appears on your passport. It is vital to use the same name on all correspondence to Indiana State University.
- If you do not have a U.S. social security number, leave this item blank, and the University will assign you a University identification number.
- Write your address as you would on an envelope to be mailed to yourself. Include your street and number (or post office box), city/US IP code, province/state/zone, postal code, and country. When completing your address on your application, your permanent address must be your home country address, even if you are currently residing in the U.S. Do not list the U.S. address of a friend or relative.
2. A non-refundable application fee of $65.00 (USD). The application fee is payable by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or check or international money order payable to Indiana State University. Submit the application fee to the Office of Admissions, Indiana State University.
3. The credential evaluation process can take several weeks to complete. We strongly urge you to begin the process as early as possible. Your application will not be complete until we receive your official high school transcripts.
- We accept credential evaluation reports from these select members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
If you attended high school, college, or university in the U.S., you must have official transcript(s) sent directly from the school(s) to the Office of Admissions, Indiana State University, 318 North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, Indiana 47809, United States of America.
- If you are transferring from an international college or university, the Office of the Registrar encourages you to obtain course syllabi or course descriptions of courses previously taken. Syllabi are preferred.
- If you do not provide syllabi or course descriptions, you may only expect to receive general elective credit for the courses you have taken. If general credit is awarded for those courses, please note that the courses may not apply to your degree program. You should note that even if a course syllabus or description is provided, the course still may not be deemed equivalent to a course at Indiana State University and may instead be given general elective credit.
4. An affidavit of financial support. Complete this Financial Guarantee form. Submit the completed form in the “supplemental materials” tab in the online admission application. For further information and instructions, see Demonstration of Financial Support.
5. An original current bank statement must be mailed directly from the issuing bank to Indiana State University.
7. A copy of your passport. Submit the copy of your passport in the “supplemental materials” tab in the online admission application. If studying in the U.S., a copy of your current I-94 card, F-1 or J-1 visa, and I-20 or DS-2019 is also required. If you are currently in the U.S. but not studying, a copy of the applicable visa must also be submitted.
Note: All academic and supplemental documents submitted to Indiana State University become the property of the University and will not be released.
The Indiana State University mailing address is:
Office of Admissions
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, Indiana 47809
United States of America
Priority Undergraduate Application Deadlines
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received before the following dates. Early application is encouraged for scholarship considerations.
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: October 15
Applications received after these dates will be accepted and every attempt made to ensure consideration for the desired semester or term.
Estimated undergraduate expenses must be used when calculating the financial support necessary for admission to the University and granting of the I-20 eligibility document.arrow_forward View Current Undergraduate Estimated Fees
To be eligible for admission, you must meet Indiana State University requirements for English proficiency. You may demonstrate proficiency by meeting one of the following criteria:
Financial support sufficient to cover your educational expenses for one (1) year must be demonstrated before the I-20 eligibility document is issued. For instructions, including the required affidavit of financial support, see Demonstration of Financial Support.
To receive your I-20 quickly, you may request express mailing of your documents. For instructions see Expediate Issuance.
Plans and changes sometimes occur. Complete and submit this form to change the term in which you expect to start school or the program you plan to major in.